On Mon, 12 Jun 2017 11:27:59 +0300 Vasiliy Tolstov <v.tols...@selfip.ru> said:

> > you can't. by definition a container SHARED the same linux kernel as the
> > host. the kernel divides resources up container by container so for
> > example /proc only contains processes from one container and not others
> > etc. ...
>

> Sorry may be i don't have some knowledge how you utilize hardware, but
> my 0.2 cents:
> I'm working on Russian cloud provider and we use Debian Jessie with
> builded kernel from kernel org (always LTS).
> Each physical system have 100-120 vm that started and stopped 24h each
> day. And we don't have any kernel panics and stability issues.
> So i don't understand why you have so much problems...

we don't know why either.

we have about 12 vm's. no kernel panics. host system kernel is stable. child
(guest) vm's just become incredibly slow. currently it takes about a day or so
to happen. we keep our vm's up for days, weeks or months if we can (we don't
restart them every day), but lately we have to reboot every day the host to fix
the issue (restarting vm's doesnt fix the issue - it never has).