I followed your steps and got something working.
Now I see that the white line divides the location name and the forecast. I have what looks to seem a cloud inside a black square. The forecast says "Mostly cloudy" (that's why I image that to be a cloud.. otherwise I'd clueless). Instead of the temperature, I have: "19u00b0C". As these were not enough, even my location name is misspelled!

While I was trying to understand what was wrong with this, I tried to choose a US location, but end up with your problem, it stopped before the state I was looking for.

If that helps, I'm running a updated gentoo system.

Cheers,
Fernando.

On 8/14/05, Laurence Vanek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Fernando Meira wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I been looking but I couldn't find any howto to enable e17 modules
> transparency. For example, for iBar and Pager. Is it possible? If so,
> can anyone tell me how, or point me to a guide. Thanks.
>
> Some problems I've noticed since using e17 (cvs):
> * since this morning's update:
>  - weather module now has a menu to choose the location, instead of
> the previous URL (cool). However, the only thing I see is a "30", a
> white line and "fair" under it. Is this how it should be? Quite
> different from what it used to be.
>
> * before today's update
>  - 95% of "exit enlightenment" tries, I was welcomed by the e17 crash
> window. Don't know why. (this didn't happen again since the update
> (though I haven't use it enough yet))
>  - I use a USB mouse. Works just fine. But when I need the usb port to
> other devices, I move the usb mouse to the PS2 port (using an
> adaptor). When I use it like this, the mouse behaves quite strangely.
> Jumps from one side to the other. Sometimes opens the menu and exits.
>
> I'm not sure if I'm reporting anything new, and if I should provide
> any other info. Anyway, feel free to ask for more. I'll be glad to
> help in any way.
> Cheers,
> Fernando.

good morning -

I can also confirm the issue you are having with the weather module.
Same results here from CVS update last nite.  I went into
~/.e/e/config/default & removed anything related to the weather module &
reloaded it.  It came back with the default location (somewhere else on
the planet).  No luck trying to config. my location by navigating thru
the massive panels - stopped at the state (US) I wanted.  After disable
/ enable cycle I was back to the result you describe: "30" fair + white
line.

I do not find a ~/.weather.conf file I can edit as in the past.  That
version seemed to work for me.  Im running updated FC4 O/S.