Absolutely. By the way, thanks to you and all the developers for doing such a wonderful job. I just dropped KDE, and have been checking out all the other options, and from the moment I first started E17 I knew there was no way back. It still amazes me everytime, and I'm still tweaking it and discovering all the great stuff.

Like I said before, now I'm gonna try to create scripts, one for each app I want, for checking if the app is running and then launching/focusing it, and then create a keybinding to exec "firefox-script", for example.
Of course I'll have to test the behavior for each process, like the firefox/firefox-bin you mentioned. But the script won't need to do the (in my opinion) hardest part, of finding out the pid for that specific window I want, the pid will already be defined inside each script.
So now what I really need is to find out how to send a signal to focus a window (given that I know the window's pid or process name), maybe someone can help me with that.