On Thu, 24 May 2007 07:30:55 +1000 Russell Davie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
babbled:

> On Wed, 23 May 2007 16:17:47 -0400
> Mike Russo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I believe this is how E17 is designed - and I've been using it for so
> > long I cannot even think of going back to using any other desktop
> > environment. The icons for windows in the pager is also another reason I
> > use E17 everywhere.
> >

> It maybe how its designed, but to scroll desktops by mouse wheel is not set
> by default.  As its not, the full power of having xinerama run with
> independent heads is lost.

heads are independant in e17 always in xinerama - you simply added a binding
for wheel on the desktop bg. alt+mouse wheel has always changed desktops -
anywhere (even over a window). if you use alt+shift+arrow keys it will change
desktops (independently), as will ctrl+alt+left/right, alt+f1,f2,f3... and the
pager too will change desktops on THAT screen only.

> To scroll the desktops via mouse wheel is a feature I have enjoyed since e16
> was in the Debian repositories and missed it when e17 first started up.  I
> never expected to get independent heads and this is unique in all the window
> managers I have tried with xinerama.
>
> Feature Request: please set as default to scroll desktops via mouse wheel.

no - it's very bad to have by default. it is very easy to scroll the wheel
accidentally on the desktop - especially with middle mouse click menu. then
suddenly your virtual desktop changes as well as the menu popping up. it's bad.
if you really want it - add it by all means, but by default it's a bad idea for
usability. especially for new users. we do have alt+mousewheel by default
EVERYWHERE do this (actually missed popup by default - added).

> - R
>

> > Russell Davie wrote:
> > > Hi All
> > > Thanks for your help in compiling e17!
> > >
> > > I have managed to get it running in dual heads with a laptop and external
> > > lcd.
> > >
> > > It it now able to run dual monitors in xinerama and also have independent
> > > heads!
> >

> > --
> > Mike Russo
> > ReadQ Systems, Inc.
> > (212) 425-3680
> >
> > Random quote of the last-time-I-ran-bash:
> >
> > I saw this in a movie about a bus that had to speed around a city,
> > keeping its speed over fifty, and if its speed dropped, it would
> > explode!  I think it was called `The Bus That Couldn't Slow Down.'
> >
> >             -- Homer Simpson
> >                The Springfield Files

裸好多
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)