Hi All
Thanks for your help in compiling e17!

I have managed to get it running in dual heads with a laptop and external lcd.

It it now able to run dual monitors in xinerama and also have independent heads!

Xinerama allows me move open windows from one head to another as if it were one
big monitor. Normally, when changing desktops, both heads were linked and both
would change to next desktop together.  This is also what is normally seen in
other window mangers.

However, when I configured the mouse wheel to scroll the desktops up and down
the heads became independent of each other and yet I could still move open
windows from one screen to another.

Cool!  This makes xinerama with independent heads! even more useful!

This is what I did to get the mouse wheel do this:

1) L click desktop
2) select Configuration -> Configuration Panel -> Keyboard and Mouse -> Mouse
Bindings
3) click "Add Bindings"
4) move mouse wheeel up
5) click on "Mouse Wheel Up" on LH column
6) click on "Flip Desktop Linearly..."
7) set "Action Parameters" to "1"
8) Set "Action Context" to "Container"
9) click "Apply" button
10) move mouse cursor on to desktop and test wheel
11) do same for mouse wheel down but put set "Action Parameters" to "-1"

After this the heads became independent!

Can some one else repeat this!

cheers

Russell