As is apparent here:

http://home.comcast.net/~devilhorns/run_ff.png

It works fine with current svn of e17 & efl (as of this writing). I
would try updating to the latest and greatest that you can...(ideally
from svn, but you have already stated that you don't want to do that) :)

If the problem does persist for you, the only way we can really be of
help would be if you had a gdb backtrace of the crash (which would
require installed from svn and building with -g, etc, etc).

In case you feel brave one day ;) here is a link to getting backtraces :)
http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/wiki/Debugging

devilhorns