Hi,

I am trying to install e17 on CentOS, but I am having problems.  I've had quite
a bit of them so far, which I've been able to solve in different ways, mainly
searching in google, but this time I'm stuck.  This is the list of downloads I
have:

ecore-1.0.0.beta2.tar.gz
edje-1.0.0.beta2.tar.gz
eeze-1.0.0.beta2.tar.gz
eina-1.0.0.beta2.tar.gz
evas-1.0.0.beta2.tar.gz
e_dbus-1.0.0.beta2.tar.gz
eet-1.4.0.beta2.tar.gz
efreet-1.0.0.beta2.tar.gz
embryo-1.0.0.beta2.tar.gz

As indicated by the installation page, I've isntalled the following so far (in
that order):

-Eina
-Eet
-Evas
-Ecore
-Embryo

I had, as mentioned, problems up to this point, which I had to solve somehow.
Eina was not recognized, so I manually copied the .pc file to
/usr/lib/pkgconfig.  Later, Evas would not compile, due to a problem with svg,
so I had to compile that with the --disable-image-loader-svg option, and then
it
worked.  Now I got stuck installing Edje.  This is what's happened so far:

First off, it complained about not finding Ecore_IMF_Evas.h, so I manually
copied that to /usr/local/include/ecore-1 and I was then able to successfully
run ./configure.  Then I ran make, and it comlained about Eet not being
installed (I believe) so then I noticed no .pc files had been copied before, so
I went ahead and copied ALL the .pc files I found within the installation dirs
of the previous installs (Eina, Evas, etc).  Now, I get the following error,
and
couldn't find anything about that in google (and the .so file is indeed missing
from /usr/local/lib and /usr/lib):

[r...@dbadilla-atg-dev:~/installers/enlightenment/edje-1.0.0.beta2]$ make
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/installers/enlightenment/edje-1.0.0.beta2'
Making all in data
make[2]: Entering directory
`/root/installers/enlightenment/edje-1.0.0.beta2/data'
Making all in include
make[3]: Entering directory
`/root/installers/enlightenment/edje-1.0.0.beta2/data/include'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/root/installers/enlightenment/edje-1.0.0.beta2/data/include'
make[3]: Entering directory
`/root/installers/enlightenment/edje-1.0.0.beta2/data'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/root/installers/enlightenment/edje-1.0.0.beta2/data'
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/root/installers/enlightenment/edje-1.0.0.beta2/data'
Making all in src
make[2]: Entering directory
`/root/installers/enlightenment/edje-1.0.0.beta2/src'
Making all in lib
make[3]: Entering directory
`/root/installers/enlightenment/edje-1.0.0.beta2/src/lib'
  CCLD   libedje.la
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lecore_imf_evas
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [libedje.la] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/root/installers/enlightenment/edje-1.0.0.beta2/src/lib'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/installers/enlightenment/edje-1.0.0.beta2/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/installers/enlightenment/edje-1.0.0.beta2'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Can anyone advise what can be done now?  Is there a way to fix this?  Did I do
something wrong?  Or is it that e17 just won't run in CentOS 5.5?  Thanks in
advance for the help!

PURA VIDA!!
Atte. Daniel Badilla Navarro
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because
those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind."
-- Theodore S. Geisel (Dr. Seuss)
Apdo Postal 473-7050 Cartago
Costa Rica