On 07/30/2011 06:36 PM, Boris Faure wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 01:10, Christopher Michael
> <cpmicha...@comcast.net>  wrote:
> […]
>> 2) It may not build on your system (tho it builds on all boxes I have
>> tried so far).
>
> It doesn't build on my boxes (gentoo and arch linux up-to-date).
I find that very strange since all of the initial development that I did
was on a gentoo box. If I had to guess, I would say you are using
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=~x86 to pull in masked packages...In which case, you are
pulling in a development version of XCB and yes it will not build
against that.

> I've got xcb 1.7 and it introduced a split up of xcb-util.
> I've attached a patch to make ecore_xcb compatible with xcb 1.7.
> I haven't committed it since it would break your setup.
While I appreciate the work/effort that went into your patch, I cannot
put it in svn because that would break building for normal distros that
use 'current' versions of xcb, not 'bleeding edge' versions. Most normal
distros are still shipping 0.3.6 version of the XCB libraries. When they
start shipping 0.3.8 by default, then I will gladly put this in svn, but
until then, it Cannot go in because while it may fix building for your
'bleeding edge' setup, it breaks building for everyone else :(

dh