On 08/01/2011 03:36 PM, Lucas De Marchi wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 5:01 AM, Boris Faure<bill...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 01:16, Christopher Michael
>> <cpmicha...@comcast.net>  wrote:

>>> I find that very strange since all of the initial development that I did was
>>> on a gentoo box. If I had to guess, I would say you are using
>>> ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=~x86 to pull in masked packages...In which case, you are
>>> pulling in a development version of XCB and yes it will not build against
>>> that.
>>
>> Sorry for keeping the troll fed, but xcb-1.7 is on stable gentoo x86
>> as you can see on http://packages.gentoo.org/package/x11-libs/libxcb .
>> I'll rewrite the patch to make ecore_xcb work with both xcb<  1.7 and
>> xcb>= 1.7 so that it's fine for everyone.

New patch sounds good :) as long as it will build for both .. until such
time that distros across the spectrum are all updated to development
xcb. When that happens then we can stop supporting current stable xcb
(0.3.6) and remove the legacy code :)

When you get your new patch(s) ready, send them out to the mailing list
and I'll gladly have a look :)

Thanks,
dh