On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 01:16, Christopher Michael
<cpmicha...@comcast.net> wrote:
> On 07/30/2011 06:36 PM, Boris Faure wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 01:10, Christopher Michael
>> <cpmicha...@comcast.net>  wrote:
>> […]
>>>
>>> 2) It may not build on your system (tho it builds on all boxes I have
>>> tried so far).
>>
>> It doesn't build on my boxes (gentoo and arch linux up-to-date).
>
> I find that very strange since all of the initial development that I did was
> on a gentoo box. If I had to guess, I would say you are using
> ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=~x86 to pull in masked packages...In which case, you are
> pulling in a development version of XCB and yes it will not build against
> that.

Sorry for keeping the troll fed, but xcb-1.7 is on stable gentoo x86
as you can see on http://packages.gentoo.org/package/x11-libs/libxcb .
I'll rewrite the patch to make ecore_xcb work with both xcb < 1.7 and
xcb >= 1.7 so that it's fine for everyone.

--
Boris Faure