It would appear that on Jan 24, Carsten Haitzler did say:

> its a simple radiobutton selection list in the composite settings - software
> or
> gl. you can choose (if you have the choice :) - otherwise you'll just get
> software).
>
> there are 2 hiccups. 1 - it goes BACK to software even if you had gl enabled
> and a separate issue 2. the "use argb iwndow" option changed to be "use
> shaped window": and in the process seems to have flipped value and shaped
> windows with comp cause much unhappiness.

Well from my point of view then it's all good...

What ever settings I might have are simple... (sounds like the hard stuff
will be up to those who do things like create themes etc...)

And the only thing I might really need to remember is that I might {just
maybe} need to toggle a setting labeled "shaped window"...

Done worrying!

Thanks for the explanation.