On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 1:51 AM, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
<barbi...@profusion.mobi> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 6:14 PM, Arvind R <arvin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 1:13 AM, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
>> <barbi...@profusion.mobi> wrote:

>>> could be couple of things, I can't test right now, but:
>>>   - could be a bug in edje_module_load :-P (guess not)
>>>   - could be that the module was already loaded (guess it wasn't)
>>>   - could be some dynamic linking error (maybe this)
>>>
>>> could you run with EINA_LOG_LEVELS=eina_module:4, this should produce
>>> warnings if the module failed to be loaded due some error.
>>
>> haha -
>> WRN<3777>:eina_module lib/eina/eina_module.c:323 eina_module_load()
>> could not
>> dlopen("/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/edje/modules/elm/1.7.99/module.so",
>> RTLD_NOW):
>> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libelementary.so.1: undefined symbol:
>> _eina_unicode_utf8_next_get
>>
>> Got to downgrade elementary also -:( Note the CPU and OS taken out of
>> the MODULE_ARCH (as it's already taken care of.
>
> seems like you have a problem with stale versions of stuff. Cedric did
> add this _eina_unicode_utf8_get_next() as static inline some days ago,
> in less than one day he changed the name to
> eina_unicode_utf8_next_get() (also static inline defined in eina's .x
> header).
>
> then you're likely using an old version of elementary... and your eina
> is either newer or older than that :-)
The good news first - downgrading elementary and edje-external is working!

No stale stray libs - that's why I do packaged installs only. And I
spent some time checking manually. But the problem as I have mentioned
in some previous mail is that if I upgrade efl, then e17 doesn't work.
And since it's at the crossover to the single tree version - it's
either all or nothing -:(  That's one reason for NOT having a single
tree -:)

Is there anyway to track the quiet E17 failure - It comes out of many
Sleeps to an eternal PAUSE (as seen in .xsession-errors)