On Sat, 03 May 2014 12:27:38 +0200 Pierre Couderc <pie...@couderc.eu> said:

> I have 2 desktop files vmware-player-XP.desktop and vmware-player-W8.desktop
>
> They appear without problem in the iBar,each one with its own icon.
> I start vmware-player-W8.desktop, iconize it, and it appears in the ibox
> but with the icon of vmware-player-XP.desktop. (instead of
> vmware-player-W8.png).
>
> I do not understand what may occur.

because icons are not provided by the app but are matched. matched by a seies
of guesses, each one getting less accurate as you fall back. the mo9st accurate
is via netwm startup id, and this is an env var set when app is launched. it is
the job of the app to set the string content pf that env var as a property on
the window. my bet is vmware doesnt do this, so e is falling back to matching
commandline executable (vmware) which is ambiguous. it may match class name
too. so... may a copy or symlink and use a different executable or complain to
vmware about netwm startup id.

to check the startup id:

$ xprop | grep ID
_NET_STARTUP_ID(UTF8_STRING) = "E_START|133"

(and click on the window you want to check - notice efl apps do this).