I created a new user and started a session as that user choosing
enlightenment as desktop env. from gdm3. I chose to enable the OpenGL
hardware options in the setup dialogs. I did get a Enlightenment crash
when I first got to the desktop. (press F1) I logged out and in again
and the error did not reappear. In settings-composite I enabled
everything I could find for OpenGL/hardware,effects. It seemed to speed
up the performance.

Since this seemed like a good thing I did this for my regular user
account as well. It seems to be a little snappier.

Not sure if this means hardware rendering is working or not though.

John

I am finding these in ~/.xsession-errors

ESC[31mERR<ESC[0meoESC[31m>ESC[0mlib/eo/eo.c:600ESC[0m in
lib/edje/edje.eo.c:328: you called func 'edje_obj_signal_emit' (367)
which is unknown in class 'Evas_Smart'.