On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 12:29:20PM +0000, Allan Jardine wrote:
> Is it possible to customize the main Enlightenment menu? It would be
> really useful for me to have a terminal with just a couple of keystrokes
> for example, or common locations in the file system without needing to
> drill into any sub-menus.

You might like the launcher better.  By default, Alt-Esc will bring it
up.  Start typing for incremental search.  It remembers frequent uses,
so now I can launch a terminal with Alt-Esc <enter>, Emacs with Alt-Esc
e <enter>, Firefox with Alt-Esc f <enter>, etc.  And it's not just
limited to launching apps - press ? for an overview.

If you must use menus - try customizing Favorites instead.  By default,
it's displayed when you click mouse 3 on the desktop.  Make your
terminal the top choice, and you can launch it pressing mouse 3,
dragging just far enough down to select it, and releasing.

> On an unrelated note - I don't suppose there are any visual goodies such
> as the compiz effects for e21? Not required, but just curious if they
> are possible.

Settings -> Look -> Composite has a few choices, but they're mostly to
disable things from the default.

Ross