On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 1:29 PM, Allan Jardine <
allan.jard...@sprymedia.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm certain that has been asked before, probably many times, so my
> apologies for any duplicates - but I can't seem to find any threads with
> the question being posed - so here goes:
>
> Is it possible to customize the main Enlightenment menu? It would be
> really useful for me to have a terminal with just a couple of keystrokes
> for example, or common locations in the file system without needing to
> drill into any sub-menus.

You should check out the "Favorites Menu".
Just open a application, right click it's border (or alt+rightclick the
window), then use "Add to Favorites" in the menu under the applications
name.
After that, right-clicking the desktop will give you a Favorites Menu,
where all your favorite applications are available with a total of 2 clicks
- or 3 clicks if you open the favorites from the main menu.

> On an unrelated note - I don't suppose there are any visual goodies such
> as the compiz effects for e21? Not required, but just curious if they
> are possible.

There used to be, right now, only a very limited set of composited effects
are available (and they're so subtle that you may not even notice them).
The "desksanity" plugin brings a bunch more effects and compositing
features, but it's not really maintained and might not work well at this
time.

--
thomasg