On Thu, 16 Mar 2017 12:29:20 +0000 Allan Jardine
<allan.jard...@sprymedia.co.uk> said:

> I'm certain that has been asked before, probably many times, so my
> apologies for any duplicates - but I can't seem to find any threads with
> the question being posed - so here goes:

you cant customize the main menu. you can define the apps in your favorites
menu though. right mouse click on desktop gets you that... you can bind any kbd
or mouse binding to bring it up too...

> Is it possible to customize the main Enlightenment menu? It would be
> really useful for me to have a terminal with just a couple of keystrokes
> for example, or common locations in the file system without needing to
> drill into any sub-menus.

set up a keybinding. i have ctrl+alt+insert run a terminal. why use a menu? you
can use evrything too. alt+esc, "term" <enter>...

> On an unrelated note - I don't suppose there are any visual goodies such
> as the compiz effects for e21? Not required, but just curious if they
> are possible.

no. but theme4s can do a fair bit anyway... and evas (and edje) are gaining
more features like filters and so on... unlike compiz we work with or without
gl... and that means we make different choices.