On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 07:18:51PM +0100, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> > I looked for this, but didn't find a setting. Is it a compile option or
> > a setting?
>
> http://www.enlightenment.org/ss/e-5eecffdb3dd9d5.28939497.png

woohoo, the settings cat, where have you been all my life, settings cat?
:)

Got it, thanks.

> > If I never get it working reliably, I'll probably just switch to HDMI
> > for good (DP is supposed to be slightly faster for 4K).
>
> or maybe just a good DP cable? as i said - i can add some config - will have
> try remember that...

I just bought a brand new one, but that's not to say that the 3 cables
aren't all varying levels of crap. For comparison, the same 4K goes
through any HDMI cable I've thrown at it, but I guess they are shielded
differently.
It could also be an issue with the nvidia chip or connectivity in that
laptop not being rock solid for DP, but fine with HDMI, who knows?

> > Yes, I do think that making this configurable can also be useful, at
> > least for some cases, even if indeed I'm just a sample size of 1 :)
>
> well indeed sometimes people have different or broken or odd hardware. if i
> can't see it it's hard to code around it - i have to rely on reports and
> figuring out what the real issue is and then possibly the best path. i would
> like then for the user to try git so i can prototype/try the feature to see if
> it actually fixes things before it is baked into a release.

Right. I'm sorry to be lame with you on that one, I'm so deep inside
work with already multiple TOT git trees with issues, that I try to
touch X, E, and my terminals, as little as possible :-/

hopefully the logs I posted were somewhat helpful.

When I unpile the stack of open things I'm deep in, I'll try to have a
look at doing E from source again, but it'll probably be a little while,
sorry.

Thanks,
Marc

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/                       | PGP 7F55D5F27AAF9D08