On Sat, 22 Oct 2022 11:00:21 +0200 Quelrond Q <quelr...@gmail.com> said:

> > Le 22 oct. 2022 à 09:49, Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com> a écrit :
> >
> > that is odd... the menu is shown.. but you don't see it? something must be
> > hiding it... but what?
>
> What if the menu is hidden by this overlay that makes 'focused' effect on the
> icon?

they are unrelated separate objects. the menu s not swallowed. the menu is
placed above the icon in _ibar_icon_menu_recalc() - so unless the menu is not
hidden but MOVED somewhere crazy or resized to something silly... perhaps
tracking  the geometry of ic->menu->comp_object in here where it moves and
resizes it might say something...