Just FYI, we did land a patch for May's 52.8.0 release which may help with
some of the safebrowsing-related slowdowns. Obviously we can't promise that
it'll be a silver bullet for all performance issues people are seeing, but
hopefully it at least serves as a mitigation for some. If you're interested
in trying out a build containing the fix, feel free to reply to me (off
list please) and I can send you links.

-Ryan