I've been trying to recreate this and can't.

I start Firefox 60 and set it to the old value "restore windows and tabs"

Then I close Firefox and start 68 with the same profile and "Restore
previous session" is checked.

Can you provide more detail on how to recreate and possibly open a bug in
Bugzilla?

Mike