As I just happen to setting up ESR 68 (on Linux) with a couple of third party extensions that I want to be loaded by default - this thread is rather timely ...

However, what policy settings do I need to have an arbitrary extension enabled by default for all users?

I've put the extensions in distribution/extensions - but they don't appear in the extensions list when running Firefox

Also, I don't want these extensions to be installed in a user's profile - just loaded from the install tree

Thanks

James Pearson

Mike Kaply wrote:

You can deploy extensions as a part of Firefox by putting them in the
distribution/extensions directory and then locking them via policy.

This has always been a better way then putting them in system directories where
they might not get updated properly.

Mike

On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 8:47 AM Luca Olivetti