If the stall stops at some pointing, getting a profile immediately after
would help:

https://profiler.firefox.com/

Or if you force a crash while it is hung and submit a crash report, we can
see what is happening.

You can get utilities to force Firefox to crash here:

https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/utilities/crashfirefox-intentionally/

Mike