I have the G1 which is very similar.  Being  a SLR user, I find it very
frustrating and limited, but being able to put pics right into my PC is
great.  I wish it had a longer focal length, it's support of Canon
Speedlites is great.  I pretty much just use it for snapshots and taking
pics of stuff to put on ebay.  If I were to do it again, I'd probably
get the S110 digital elf.  Not nearly the quality but it's so tiny that
you can pretty much always have it in your pocket and never miss a shot.

One day the Canon digital SLR will fall into my price range.......

Richard
Tampa FL USA