> Eric,
>
> I own the 135mm lens.  It is smaller than a zoom and
> sharper.  AF is
> exceptionally fast and I you would be very happy
> with the lens overall.
> I have used it with my Tarmon 1.4x  SP Pro
> converter.  Results were
> excellent.  Now mind you I did not do a scientific
> test and blow up a
> section to 40x the norm and look at detail as this
> would take too much
> time, but the slides and prints look fine to me.
>
> Peter K

If you are talking about the Canon 135 F2 L,
everywhere I have read seems to indicate that this is
the one of the "legendary" lenses by Canon. (I have
never used it but at one time was considering buying
it - hence the research). I have yet to come across a
bad review for this puppy. Case in point:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=34&sort=7&thecat=2
http://www.photo.net/ezshop/product?product_id=305

- Harman