Scott Laird wrote:

I might be mistaken, but I thought that the 5D had a ~30k exposure shutter, like the D30/D60/10D/20D. My D60's shutter blew a bit under 30k frames a few months back, and it was really annoying. Unfortunately, it's really hard to search for this sort of information, and I've seen people claiming that the 20d and 5d are both rated for 100k frames. I'd love to have a definitive source for this.

Scott
Seems to me that since YOU started this thread, and scare, it should be up to YOU to come up with definitive source that says the 5D has a short shutter life.

Why is it that when someone says something that may not be true everyone else has to disprove the statement but the originator has to do nothing to prove the statement correct?

Bob