Scott Laird wrote:

I'm not actually looking for people to prove my statement--I'm looking for a general way to find Canon's shutter durability specifications. The 30d announcement listed the shutter specs. After digging a bit, the 5d seems to be officially rated for 100k also, and the current 1d models are 200k. I haven't been able to find specs for the 20d at all--I've seen people claim 20k, 50k, and 200k (!).

Scott
You stirred the pot with comments about the short life of the 5D shutter. Then you looked at Canon's site and found 100K figures.

'nuff said.

Bob