Given the recent news on 40D and 1D/Ds Mk3, it is conspicuous that 5D
replacement is still MIA. While it is true that 30D had been in dire
need for a replacement for a long time, 5D has actually been in the
market longer, only superceded by the now retired 1Ds Mk2. Given the
announcement of Nikon D3, it is apparent that full frame has clear
advantage if it were not for cost reasons. If Canon can continue the
trend of releasing newer models at a lower price point, 5D Mk2 should be
able to deliver a deadly blow to Nikon D200/300 that have been rapidly
chipping away Canon's lead in this upper middle segment that is so near
and dear in many pro's and advanced amateurs' heart. Any rumours? Any
guesses? DIGIC III and larger LCD are given. As far as other features
go, for me, I would love to see the same MP number but a higher ISO,
like 6400. Larger buffer is nice but not essential, the same with better
weather seal.

Thanks,

Francis