> Most flash memory devices have a "memory controller"
> circuit, which is a
> sort of processor, on the card. The ones that don't
> are the SmartMedia and
> xD cards afaik. I expect the controller firmware is
> hard coded in silicon.

Not sure but since cf cards fit into (I think) dumb
pcmcia adapters, they must appear to tye world as ide
drives! SD cards otog have fewer pins than cf cards
and must have some sort of multiplexing scheme.

I can't wait for a super card with 2 or 3 rugged
electrical contacts and a high density array of IR
leds. Boy will that be fast!

Javier

Javier

http://www.ultragone.net