Hi all :). I'm a new owner of a 40D (was surprised with it yesterday for my birthday!) and am new to digital SLR. I know I'm late to the party here but this list has been too quiet anyway so I'd like to spark up some discussion by asking for your best tips and advice. Some background: I'm a fairly long-time EOS user (was more active on this list years ago) and have an old Rebel and an Elan 7e film cameras along with a nice collection of lenses. I spent years with a camera attached to my neck and then pretty much just quit. I've barely touched an SLR in about 4 years. The most I've done digitally is with a tiny Sony compact P&S, doing the most basic tweaking on the PC. I truly feel like I'm entering a whole new world here :). Almost 100% of my shooting used to be kids' sports and activities. I still have one daughter playing sports (indoor volleyball and outdoor shotput/discus) so I'll want to shoot her plus our brand new hyper puppy :). I know I'll have lots of specific questions once I get started but for now, hit me with your best newbie tips!

Kim