--- Steve Parrott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> LOL... I'm in the same boat. Funny how when I bought my 1Ds it was the
> absolute ultimate digital SLR, only the second coming could be bigger
> news. Now it is just another old digital camera, surpassed in image
> quality by even the "lowly" 5D. I am very anxious to see DP Review
> tests on the new 1Ds. I really wish they would compare it to the
> original to see just how far advanced it is, but it will likely only be
> compared to the Mark II. Still, that will be a good comparo, as I never
> felt the Mark II was really *that* much of an improvement over the
> first 1Ds. It appears the new camera has the command and set wheel like
> my old D60, which I far prefer to the two handed dancing I have to do
> with my 1Ds to change menu settings. Along with double the MP count, I
> am hoping noise control will be MUCH better than with the original 1Ds,
> plus the huge 3 inch monitor will be a vast improvement over the TINY
> screen on my current camera.
>
> Hummm... B-H does offer a payment plan!

not sure I need to know about that payment plan possibility. I DO know that the
noise issue is one
thing I'd buy it for. the 1Ds was good, but I took several trips with a friend
who just happens to
own the II..... we did Everglades together. He was out there with the MarkII, a
400mmIS with a 1.4
converter attached, in late afternoon low light shooting at 1600 ISO, while I
struggled along with
my 70-200mmIS and 2.0 attached to mine, shooting at 100 ISO.... I really worked
hard (got great
shots, but difficult). He was just out there having a fine time.... envy. Pure
envy here. So, that
difference was huge in the jump to the II. Oh yeah.... I must go buy a lotto
ticket!! LOL