On Sep 11, 2007, at 10:39 PM, Jane Waters wrote:

(and am "sort of" content with the original 1Ds - but that's sour grapes because if I
had the money, I'd buy the new one in a heartbeat),

LOL... I'm in the same boat. Funny how when I bought my 1Ds it was the absolute ultimate digital SLR, only the second coming could be bigger news. Now it is just another old digital camera, surpassed in image quality by even the "lowly" 5D. I am very anxious to see DP Review tests on the new 1Ds. I really wish they would compare it to the original to see just how far advanced it is, but it will likely only be compared to the Mark II. Still, that will be a good comparo, as I never felt the Mark II was really *that* much of an improvement over the first 1Ds. It appears the new camera has the command and set wheel like my old D60, which I far prefer to the two handed dancing I have to do with my 1Ds to change menu settings. Along with double the MP count, I am hoping noise control will be MUCH better than with the original 1Ds, plus the huge 3 inch monitor will be a vast improvement over the TINY screen on my current camera.

Hummm... B-H does offer a payment plan!

Steve
www.parrottimaging.com