On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 6:01 PM, Christopher Meng <cicku...@gmail.com> wrote:
> branch from EPEL6?

He said F19.  :-)  That makes a lot more sense IMHO.

> How to deal with systemd related things?

Generally, EPEL follows the Fedora Packaging Guidelines, so systemd
units would be required for all new packages starting with EPEL7.
Though I guess existing packages would be grandfathered in like they
were with Fedora...

If we're branching from F19, hopefully packagers have got the systemd
stuff figured out already.  They've had three years to prepare...

Now that you mention it though, I wonder if we should bother with the
systemd-sysv-convert stuff [1] for EPEL7?  It got dropped from the
Fedora guidelines (again, because it's been three years...) and
Lennart seemed to think it was a bad idea in general, but the utility
is indeed shipped in the RHEL 7 beta.

In the past, this would have been handwaved away by saying RHEL
doesn't support upgrades, but rumor has it that this won't be the case
this time around. ;-)

Anyone have any idea whether RH used the systemd-sysv-convert
scriptlets for their packages?  I guess we should just follow them
here...

-T.C.

[1]
https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=Packaging:ScriptletSnippets&oldid=325368#Packages_migrating_to_a_systemd_unit_file_from_a_SysV_initscript