Hello,

thanks for your answers.

On 17 June 2014 00:59, Jim Perrin <jper...@centos.org> wrote:

> > By using CentOS as the basis and not RHEL 7 we could have all the
> channels
> > that are not used at the moment for building.
>

> As much as I'd like to see CentOS as the basis for *everything* (I may
> be a bit biased here), I don't think this is a good idea.
>
> RHEL packages by their very nature will come out first. This puts EPEL
> in a position to work with them immediately, and to remain impartial
> across the rebuilding community (springdale/puias, centos, SL, that
> database company, etc). If CentOS lags behind for some unforseen reason,
> why put everyone else out until we get our act together? Same with every
> other rebuild. We know RHEL packages will be out on time every time
> because they're the ones delivering them.

Aren't we already using CentOS for EPEL 5 and 6 in the koji/mock
buildroots? 32 bit aside, what is the difference for 7?
This has been dealt nicely so far.

> To me, the only current time it would make sense for CentOS to be the
> base repo would be for something RHEL doesn't ship, such as x86 or other
> arch.

Considering we had CentOS in the buildroots, how have updates been managed
up to now? From my experience I can see CentOS package updates come almost
immediately after RHEL ones.

Regards,
--Simone

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of
the shore (R. W. Emerson).

http://xkcd.com/229/
http://negativo17.org/