To note, I've forgotten that MongoDB 2.6 is in RHSCL, so it should be supported
till April 2018.

Also I have no problem to backport easy fixes for EPEL6 too, but if problem is
harder and it is not possible create relatively small patch, I can't manage big
patches.

Could some user want to still use old 2.6 version?

How much to care about EPEL6? RHEL6 is in Production 2 phase... so no software
enhancements. What is EPEL policy?

Other option how to provide newer versions of MongoDB could be to prepare copr
repositories witch each version. One pros for this option could be easier
managing newer dependencies (I am afraid that newer versions requires packages
that are not in EPEL - and adding new version specific packages to Fedora/EPEL
requires package review... so it is harder:-).

So other option how to solve this:
Try to prepare copr repositories for each version to allow users to easily
install and use new version. Keep 2.4 and 2.6 in EPEL6/7 and backport CVE fixes
(it seems to me, that is not so often in MongoDB). And if some CVE appear that
would not be so easy to fix (rewrite a lot of code), do upgrade to newer
versions (~ build packages from copr in EPEL).

Does someone know if there is some EPEL guideline which describes what is
better solution?