> It's starting to look like the official MongoDB repositories might make a
> whole lot
> more sense for the average admin currently using EPEL MongoDB packages:
>
> https://docs.mongodb.com/v3.0/tutorial/install-mongodb-on-red-hat/
>
> If I find out they aren't doing such a hot job with these, then the picture
> might
> change.

It may serve good. Everyone have to decide what fits better for him...

Some points:
1. I am not sure what is the current status of integration with systemctl (used
on RHEL7).
2. Even upstream won't prepare CVE fixes after version EOL.
3. Upstream packages are bundling all dependent packages (~10 for 2.6) - so
upstream have to handle also all (security) fixes for those packages. Not sure
what is their policy.
3. SELinux support/integration is better for EPEL packages.