On Sun, Sep 1, 2024 at 3:03 PM Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmas...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 10, 2024 at 10:42 PM Carl George <c...@redhat.com> wrote:
>

> > Happy packaging!
> >

> I have noted that some dependencies for some
> of my packages are (apparently) no longer
> going to be shipped in EL10 (they were in
> EL9).
>
> Before I request the branches and builds
> in EPEL10, I would like to make sure those
> packages are really removed from EL10, and
> are not some artifact of my misunderstandings.
>
> Is there a list somewhere of packages that
> are known to have been removed from EL10?

Three things I do.
1 - Go to the CentOS Stream koji instance, look up the package, look at the
latest el10 build of that package, and see if it's tags have been removed,
or it has a trashcan tag.
Examples:
bash (still there) -
https://kojihub.stream.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=62779
java-17-openjdk (removed) -
https://kojihub.stream.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=66493

2 - dnf list <package>
This isn't the best.  Sometimes a package is still in the process of being
removed.  Or it's been untagged, but we haven't had a successful compose
pushed out.
But, it's still a quick way to check.

3 - jira search
The CentOS Stream 10 package removals are public in jira.  We have a tag
for centos-stream-10 package removals.
This isn't 100% accurate, because sometimes the package has been re-added,
but that is rare.
https://issues.redhat.com/browse/CS-2504?jql=labels%20%3D%20rhel-10-beta-package-removal

 I hope this helps.
Troy