On Fri, Sep 6, 2024 at 5:32 PM Andrew Bauer
<zonexpertconsult...@outlook.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the heads up. I received a few epel 10 branch and build requests
> this week and took that to mean I should build all my packages for epel 10.

Not necessarily, as you can see from the beginning of this thread.  I
would describe the current state as a "soft launch" period, intended
to give packagers more time to get their packages ready.  That is
resulting in lots of branch and build requests as packagers
re-discover their dependency chains and the packages they don't have
access to do themselves.  It's considerate to other packagers to act
fairly quickly on those requests to unblock the packages that depend
on them.  For packages you haven't gotten requests for, it's perfectly
fine to take your time.  It may even be wise to do some in some cases
if the upstream is releasing a new version soon that wouldn't be
allowed as an update in EPEL.

> I got several built, when I started seeing "Could not execute build: Unknown
> build target: epel10-candidate"... from your last message, it looks like this
> is by design. I apologize for the extra packages that are now in epel 10.
> I'll check back here for the green light to proceed again.

No need to apologize.  The build targets have been restored, so feel
free to build away (if you want to).

--
Carl George