On Tue, Sep 3, 2024 at 11:01 AM Troy Dawson <tdaw...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 1, 2024 at 3:03 PM Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmas...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Aug 10, 2024 at 10:42 PM Carl George <c...@redhat.com> wrote:
>>

>> > Happy packaging!
>> >

>> I have noted that some dependencies for some
>> of my packages are (apparently) no longer
>> going to be shipped in EL10 (they were in
>> EL9).
>>
>> Before I request the branches and builds
>> in EPEL10, I would like to make sure those
>> packages are really removed from EL10, and
>> are not some artifact of my misunderstandings.
>>
>> Is there a list somewhere of packages that
>> are known to have been removed from EL10?
>

> Three things I do.
> 1 - Go to the CentOS Stream koji instance, look up the package, look at the
> latest el10 build of that package, and see if it's tags have been removed, or
> it has a trashcan tag.
> Examples:
> bash (still there) -
> https://kojihub.stream.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=62779
> java-17-openjdk (removed) -
> https://kojihub.stream.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=66493
>
> 2 - dnf list <package>
> This isn't the best.  Sometimes a package is still in the process of being
> removed.  Or it's been untagged, but we haven't had a successful compose
> pushed out.
> But, it's still a quick way to check.
>
> 3 - jira search
> The CentOS Stream 10 package removals are public in jira.  We have a tag for
> centos-stream-10 package removals.
> This isn't 100% accurate, because sometimes the package has been re-added,
> but that is rare.
> https://issues.redhat.com/browse/CS-2504?jql=labels%20%3D%20rhel-10-beta-package-removal
>
>  I hope this helps.
> Troy
> --
> Do not reply to spam, report it:
> https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/new_issue

One extra note I'll add, you don't have to necessarily check this
manually yourself.  When you run `fedpkg request-branch epel10`, it
will check the CentOS Stream 10 compose metadata, and it will refuse
to proceed if the source package you're asking for a branch in is in
that metadata.  If that check passes, fedpkg creates the SCM request
ticket, and the toddler that processes that ticket does the same
compose metadata check again before creating the branch.

So basically, if your branch request goes through, you're good.

--
Carl George