Since you use elimination rule on both arguments, I was expecting four cases
like Thorsten did in the previous email. Can we define the Ackermann
function like the following form?

Conor used the official version of the Ackermann function, which just has three lines, while I used my own version with four lines, which is the one such that ack 1 n = 2^n and not something funny. Mine is better suited for teaching, I think.

Cheers,
Thorsten