> > As another consideration.... how do you account for other shared
> > imposed orderings... like Mathematics.... Musical notation.....
> > Computer languages....etc. Are they "Hard Science or Soft Science....
> > Mathematics seems to be a confusing case... but only because it is
> > used to account for "Hard Science" sorts of "things"?
> > nominal9
>
> I'm sorry; are these languages the domains of linguists?  I am under
> the impression that the vast majority of linguists do not understand
> much mathematical or computer languages.  Unlike English, Spanish,
> etc., those languages were not invented by a group that contained many
> idiots, imbeciles, morons, schizophrenics, neurotics and criminals.

hmmmm, yes all languages are by definition the domains of linguistics,
and that is the point. Do English, Spanish, Italian, etc, etc have
something in common with let's say math, or DNA, which could be the
same study/experiment object?

Oh yes.

When you say "I'm under the impression that the vast majority....",
you are absolutely right, this is: You are under the impression

What do you mean by: " .. those languages were not invented by a group