You gravitated toward a void of empirical validation.   You are
attracted to voids of empirical validation. / a.

You don't "know" whereof you speak... A.
As I have stated before, on this  messaghe board and elsewhere....
there are basically four overall "epistemological" stances or
approaches..... all with different variations or modifications that
sort of evolve continually to account for whatever it is that has been
since "figured out".... Broadly, they are Idealism, Realism,
Phenomenology, and Nominalism......take your pick, A. ... or cite your
"epistemological mentor".... if you have one..... Nominalism happens
to be very staunchly in support of "empirical validation".....my
favorite nominalist, "William of Ockham, made the (IMO)
fundamental"Pyramid" distinction between a "VOX" being the constant
"SIgn (or Word) " indicator of the interplay of a Subjective Concept
(or "idea") CONCEPTUS having to come to grips (through empirical
experience) with an Objective Reference (or "thing") RES...
Notice the "words" Objective and Subjective.....
Now, very generally.... on another hand.... for an Idealist... it's
all Subjective.... both concepts and references.....
whereas, an still another hand... for a Realist... it's all
Objective... both concepts and references....
While on the fourth hand (HAR)... for a Phenomenologist ... the
concepts are Objective and the References are Subjective.....
BTW , Ockham made a distinction between, what he calls, "First
Intention", noted above, where the "thinking mind person" tries to
figure out what some "thing" is through direct "empirical
experience" (or experiment) and another stage whiche Ockham calls
"Second Intention" where the "thinking mind person" tries to figuer
out what what a whole bunch of similar things  are "abstractly"  by
mulling the things over in the person's mind.....

Bare Plurals.... to a "Nominalist".... are "words".... that just get
in the way of actually understanding.... "things"... be it empirically
or more .... generally... as abstracted "Physical laws".... and
such... that is, where the Physical Laws apply.... Ssome places...
such "science Stuff".... is worthless in understanding  "things"....
like emotions, for example.....