On May 11, 10:04 am, nominal9 <nomin...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> What about atoms of HELIUM?....HYDROGEN...LIGHTER THAN AIR?
> Where are your "scales" located?
> Smart-Ass....

jr writes> I guess the smart ass punctuation indicates that you have
made an important point.

> How many atoms of helium would you have to pile into any conceivable
> "pan" to balance a "pure" object....say consisting of a "mass" pound
> of lead...

jr writes> If we take the scale away from a source of attraction it
will do nothing but what it was doing all along.  The helium atom and
the lead atom will also be doing what they were doing all along away
from a source of attraction. On the other hand you can place a scale
under the sea at the sea floor and weigh lead and gold. Unfortunately
you can't weigh cork because it is lighter than the medium within
which you are weighing.

Do "lighter than air" atoms "float" in a
> vacuum?.....Vacuumed Compressed lighter than air elements could be
> gathered in sufficient quantity to amount to any mass "weight" , I
> suppose

jr writes> Your point has no bearing on the argument cowboy.