Thatcher wasn't amiable Sir Nominal.  More of a not very good looking tart
at a poorly attended stag party.  There are few places to actually speak
freely.  For historic reasons I used to have a drink with the UKIP people
and their conversation was much less constrained than in my local Labour
club, with much more sensible discussion on racism and immigration - not
nearly as snotty as the PC version that was being enforced.  Odd.  About
one in three UKIP members then seemed to be ex-Spitfire pilots.  Hard to
think of anyone who stood up to the Hun like that as a bigot.

I've been thinking of an epistemology based on working one's way out of a
trance.  It's pretty clear most of what we get told is rot - even the
science I was taught at school turned out to be simplistic and half-baked.
 And there's lots of history like those nasty Germans being responsible for
world wars we ;heroes' had to fix.  Is that as true as Julius Caesar
invading Britain in 53BC (a lie to puff JC) or 1066 being the last invasion
of England by foreign troops (so explain the battle of Lincoln in 1217
against the French), or the rousing speech of Good Queen Bess promising to
fight with the heart and soul of a man several days after the fighting was
over and leaving the poor sods who'd seen off the Spaniards to starve
without pay?  I'm a bit iffy about working up from the Planck level on such.