On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 11:33, Piotr Dorobisz <pdorob...@gmail.com> wrote:
> (http://diver.sourceforge.net/index.html).
> I watched tutorials and read documentation and I think that it could be done
> in a similar way:) As far as I understood dbg (I've never had any contact
> with that tool and I'm also new to Erlang) filtering could be done on 2
> levels:
> - by processes using dbg:p/2 function
> - by functions which are being called using dbg:c/4 function
> Dbg returns information about messages which were sent between processes and
> which functions were called so it should be quite easy to create a sequence
> diagram.
> That could done be for the beginning. Then I could start further
> integration, for example clicking on some element on graph would show you
> source etc. What do you think about it?

Yes, it's best to start small, to feel how it works. Do you have
Eclipse experience? If not, then do whatever fells interesting first
(because the learning curve is steep and the enthusiasm helps :-).

Another way might be to first be able to run code with trace and
gather the results on the Java side, to show in a simple view (a
list). The graphical part can come after that.

BTW, one thing to consider is that the trace data can be huge and it
might be prohibitive to send it directly to Java. There should be
possible to write the trace to disk and display it off-line too.

regards,
Vlad