Today I've been thinking about different ways of configuring tracing. I think
that it doesn't make sense to create extra launch configuration because Erlang
is different than Java. I mean that if you want to trace node you can always
connect to it without stopping it first and recompiling with special options or
whatever. I thought that we could add two new views:
1. View containing control panel using which user could define filters. For
example there could be such widgets as:
- edit field for editing tracing patterns
- list of patterns which are being used
- buttons for adding and deleting patterns from list
2. View containing sequence diagram
To make it more useful I could create new perspective which would contain those
views.
And now, whenever user decides to trace running program he/she just inputs new
filters and that's all. Does it make sense?:)

Btw, I'm rather new to plugin development so I'd like to ask something: as I
wrote before I'd like to create some kind of control panel with widgets like
buttons, text fields, lists etc. But is it possible to create an eclipse view
with such elements? I suppose I should use JFace, am I right? Are there any
good examples for it?
Piotrek