Hey Doug,

There's been some discussion on a sublist about using compressed air for a
pressurant, as long as we're doing monoprop.  The issue of humidity came up...

> > Since the air runs straight through the compressor and doesn't sit
> > in a storage tank, the air will be warm coming from it.  Indeed,
> > that's why you see the cooling coils on the high pressure side, to
> > limit the temperature rise.  At least, that's my understanding.
>
>     Sure.  But when it reaches our pressure vessel, it will still contain
>some water vapor.  Then when we use that air to pressurize our fuel tank,
>some expansion and cooling will take place.  There's at least the
>possibility of freezing, right?
>
>     Am I missing something here?

...and I thought, hm, we have a professional rocket plumber right here on
the list; let's ask him.

What say ye?  How much of a problem is water vapor in compressed air used
as rocket pressurant?

Thanks,

-R

--
No electrons were harmed in the creation of this message
PETE     -    People for the Ethical Treatment of Electrons