On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, Randall Clague wrote:
> So I waited for it to drop to 60 psi, which is what I put in my bicycle
> tires, and stuck my hand in the nitrogen stream.

For future reference:  that's a *bad* idea.  Even a few atmospheres of gas
pressure is plenty enough to propel solid particles *through* your skin,
if it catches them right.

(A standard lab safety rule is "thou shalt not play games with the
compressed air, never, not even a little bit, because it's a lot more
dangerous than you think".)

                                                          Henry Spencer