Randall Clague wrote:

> At 10:13 PM 06/05/2002, Doug Jones wrote:
>
> >I dunno if you'd like spitting H2O2 ice out at high speed...
>
> We would not; the cat pack won't work with peroxide ice worth a darn.  How
> do we avoid this?

Oh, I meant spitting ice out the vent valve.  You're in zero danger of
of delivering solid H2O2 to the engine; the frost only forms when gas is
vented through a joule-thompson valve.  I haven't seen any such problems
because helium at room temp is above its J-T inversion temp, and
actually heats up when going through a valve. It does adiabatically cool
in the tank upon venting, but that hasn't caused me any problems.

I have seen alcohol fog form when venting nitrogen off from the small
tank used on the teacart, but its freezing point is 185 K so I've never
seen ice.

My reputation precedes me department:

The last two days I went around & around with McMaster-Carr's quotations
department to get a special order solenoid valve.  I wanted a 24VDC
version instead of the standard 120VAC one, but it would take 25 days to
get the factory to swap coils and ship it from the UK.  I suggested that
they send me the valve and coil from stock in Chicago and I can swap
them myself, but the factory was concerned about letting the customer do
that (sheesh, it's just remove a nut, pull the coil off the stem, put
the other coil on, replace the nut).  The MMC rep told the factory rep,
"Hey, these guys really *are* rocket scientists, I think they can handle
it!"  I'll get the valve & coil Monday...

--
Doug