On Thu, 29 May 2003 09:59:23 -0700, Pierce Nichols
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>         A man-rated SSTO is quite a sizeable vehicle -- if the tanks are
>designed to crush properly and the crew cabin is on top, you will have at
>least 10m through which to decelerate. IIRC, ppl have take 16 G continuos
>on their backs with their legs up -- it should be no problem whatsoever.

Let me make sure I'm reading your post correctly:

You are going to crash.  Ergo, something very bad has already
happened, and may still be happening.  During the crash, your vehicle
is going to be destroyed.  Unless you have crash tested your vehicle
several times in the same configuration, you don't really know that
peak g isn't going to much higher than 16 g.

But, it should be no problem whatsoever.

Have I got that right?

-R

-- "We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters
will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare.  Now, thanks to
the Internet, we know this is not true." -- Robert Wilensky, UC Berkeley